Friday, March 16, 2007

heehee, this is one post Mr J Aw wrote about me which puts a big grin on my face!
:D :D :D

" This is one student who bucked the trend. Most kids come in at Sec One all goody-goody Dr. Jekyl. Then they go for the year-end holidays at the end of Sec Two and return as Mr. Hyde in Sec Three. I really wonder what happens during that time to change kids into rebels.

Anyway, back to the story... Ms. A come into Sec One already a rebel and, of course, she soon shows up on my radar. After several close shaves in which she was nearly asked to leave, she does a complete turnaround. Started studying, being polite... almost shy, coming to school regularly and eventually fell off the discipline radar.

After she was released from the PDN list, I hardly saw her any more since she kept out of trouble and I had my hands full with the naughty kids. She disappeared into the main body of obedient students. Despite facing issues during her exams, she overcame them, graduated with fantastic results and went on to JC. When I heard her name singled out for good performance at the release of the O level results, I thought, wow, her teachers must have done an ab fab job with her. I didn't see myself in the picture since I wasn't her class teacher and hadn't seen her in almost 2 years. Imagine my surprise when she credited me as one of the factors for her change.

Though I don't remember some of the events the way they are mentioned, I am glad that she appreciated what I did for her....and she still thinks I didn't know she smoked. "


i almost forgotten how my parents are often called down for meetings with the principal to discuss about me on the verge of being expelled from the school.
how could i nearly forgot.
the way my dad pleaded with the principal.
my mum, desperately writing letters to many many schools to ask for appealing to their schools and bringing me to their schools for enrolment interview, and repeatedly emphasizing that i was an 'eagle' during primary school times who scored quite high scores for certain subjects.
from the deepest in my heart, thank you, mum and dad.
if werent for the both of you, i wouldnt be doing what i'm doing now.
<3

No comments: